Monday, December 8, 2008

My short time and involvment in this industry

It has definitely been one hell of a ride for me in my short love affair with the industry. I have learned a great deal since my beginning in September of 2007. I have also learned the truths and the drive behind many of the forces within this industry. I have met some very interesting individuals, some that inspire and some that help me see my place more clearly. I have also come to see how so many within this industry are dishonest and far from being genuine. I have built friendships that I cherished just to find that they where conditional or more about someone Else's self affirmation. And I have had days where I felt there is no reason to continue to push forward with this.

I have helped people succeed in their goals only for them to turn their backs on me when they achieved them. I have struggled to support myself and others both financially and mentally. I have had family members be non supportive and disregard my vision and drive.

I found myself alone in a place where I had never been. I found myself exploring a totally new medium alone. And in the midst of all of this I discovered myself and the true meaning and purpose of this talent. And I realised that no matter what negatives people may place in front of me. They can never take from me what God has given me. Not once in this journey have I faltered or swayed in the shadow of negativity. And I think that we must all come to realize as individuals, that the only power people have over you is the power that you give them. Through it all I have learned and I have found a greater measure of happiness and meaning in my life than ever before.

Love, live, life


-J

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger TARRICE LOVE - PHOTOGRAPHER said...

well put ....
looking forward to see your growth and the surprises that come from you in the upcoming 2009.
;)

December 8, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home